I have great respect for people building handy software for free. But man, after years of using Flexget, the installation has not been made easier at all. It has actually changed a lot many times and the current instructions on the website are wrong.
See for yourself, here, you explain several methods on how to install Flexget:
After you follow all the steps, at the end suddenly you explain Flexget can also be installed globally ("Install globally").
1) This is weird, should people execute that step after having executed all the others above?
2)Do we then have Flexget installed twice? Taking up unnecessary space?
But the real issue comes with how to actually run Flexget automatically:
Looking at the systemd examples, none of them can actually work since the command used to execute Flexget simply does not correspond with the installation methods explained on the previous page.
In the systemd examples, Flexget is executed like: ExecStart=/usr/bin/flexget daemon start
This can never work, because on https://flexget.com/InstallWizard/Linux you execute Flexget via: ~/flexget/bin/flexget [options]
3) Can this please be changed?
How come after all these years, to use Flexget, you still have to be a well experienced Linux user?
4) Also, I do not know what the best, most efficient way is to install Flexget. VirtualEnv?
5) But then I should modify the systemd script. But how should I modify it? Because systemd does not accept ~/flexget/bin/flexget
6) Or is global now recommended?
I have always used a Raspberry Pi running a Debian based OS with Kodi (OSMC). I now switched to an RPi3 and have to install everything again. Thats how I bumped into this.