Current version: v0.0.2 (Do you even ALPHA bro?)
- Task runs in daemon mode but in the forground, not enabling other tasks to run.
- Injecting entries does not work well.
High priority issues:
- No support for multi line announcer.
- No support for "complex" announces (see what.cd settings for example)
- Crappy error handling, need to beef everything up
- Handle server connections (and reconnections)
- No documentation
- Get ident and realname from config properly
- JINJA2 tags support
After a lot of work I finally was able to produce a WIP pre alpha version of an IRC input plugin.
This plugin takes advantage of autodl-community tracker XML files to retrieve relevant content.
I currently got it working using Torrentleech (haven't had a chance to test any other).
However, I encountered an issue in the from that I'm not sure if flexget can even support this type of plugin, which basically runs infinitely and return entries periodically. Currently, it exits the task after returning the first entry.
That being said, this may have a simple fix that I don't know about at this time (1:05 AM btw...) or a more elaborate solution which I think will be worth it.
I believe there is still some merit in furthering the state of this plugin though so I'm posting it here for additional testing.
1. Here is the gist (place it under daemon folder).
2. Download tracker files from here and place somewhere locally.
3. In gist file edit
tracker_file_base_path and set the correct path.
4. Pre register to whatever your tracker needs (get IRCkey, rsskey, nickserv registartion and whatever).
5. Config example: (Place before tasks, like scheduler, use 'bla3' name for now.
Create another task (named 'bla4' mandatory for this version, sorry) that has a filter and an output:
Do not forget to quote any values in the config.
There's tons of stuff to do, and i'll try to make a list of things tommorrow morning. Accept plenty of crashes.
Also, I forgot to mention that I am very much new to developing in general and python specifically. I am more than positive that my code looks like crap to anyone with know how and I would really like any feedback on it from anyone who is inclined to do so.
To be continued after a short night sleep...