I thought it might be a good idea to give back a little, since this forum has helped be a lot and also made me smarter
On Github I have written down how I install Flexget and all other required tools and how the config (which exists thanks to jonybat) does absolutely everything (including cleaning up your harddrive) to get the lazy couch experience.
In non-Flexget/non-technical terms, this config will allow Flexget to do the following on a daily basis AUTOMATICALLY, some tasks are performed more often and for efficiency, not necessarily in this order:
* Gets the series titles you follow on Trakt.
* Finds the next episode you need based on your Watched Status in Trakt.
* Looks for these series on your own drive.
* Looks for any manually .torrent files in your Downloads\tempmedia folder.
* Looks for the latest episodes on RSS feeds.
* Looks for your old series season packs and single episodes by discovering them on several websites.
* Downloads if they match your requirements to prevent low quality files or language specific versions from being downloaded.
* Download 720p HD quality, if not found, accept 1080p HD quality on the second run.
* Gets the movies you would like to see from your Trakt "watchlist".
* Looks for movies on your drive and removes them from your Trakt "watchlist".
* Looks for any manually downloaded .torrent file in your Downloads\tempmedia folder.
* Looks for movies by discovering them on several websites.
* Quality: no prereleases or cinema recordings. Only Bluray rips in 1080p with a minimum filesize. But there are 2 fallbacks:
* If 1080p with a certain minimum filesize is not available, it will fallback to a lower minimal filesize.
* If also not available, it will fallback to 720p with a minimum filesize treshold for 720p.
* Cleanup (purge) your Trakt account by removing movies you already have from the Trakt watchlist.
* Find subtitles when the download is finished using the original filename.
* Add downloaded files without subs to the subtitle queue.
* Keep searching for subtitles for all files in the queue even after they have been renamed and moved to their proper location.
* Purges Transmission, which is used for downloading. This will cleanup Transmission.
* Always downloads the main file only, no other files that are usually present. No more clutter!
* Moves & renames tv shows and movies after download and subtitle search is done and organises them properly.
* All episodes are saved in season-specific folders. This allows you to simply delete a season folder to free up space.
* Filenames will contain series or movies title, episode or year and quality release.
And last, but not least:
* Triggers an update of your Kodi library after files have been processed! They will appear in your Kodi library automatically.
* Cleanup (purge) your Trakt account by removing fully watched series that have ended (or are cancelled)
* Delete whole seasons from your harddrive after you have started watching the next season or you have watched all seasons and the series has ended.
A step by step overview and the required files can be found here. Note there is a link to my autosetup.sh which I created to install Flexget on debian stretch (I recommend OSMC but it will work on all Debian OS devices).