Download-showrss Task didn't produce any entries. This is likely due to a mis-configured or non-functional input

Hello, I’m trying to get the last piece of configuration to work with Flexget, but it returns me this error when I try to execute it.

Here is the relevant information:

Command output:

root@raspberrypi:~# flexget execute
2020-06-09 16:38:34 VERBOSE  task_queue                    There are 2 tasks to execute. Shutdown will commence when they have completed.
2020-06-09 16:38:35 WARNING  details       download-showrss Task didn't produce any entries. This is likely due to a mis-configured or non-functional input.
2020-06-09 16:38:35 VERBOSE  details       download-showrss Summary - Accepted: 0 (Rejected: 0 Undecided: 0 Failed: 0)

[...MORE LINES...]

Config file:

tasks:
  # downloading task and remove finished torrents
  # called via cron every 30 minutes. 
  download-showrss:
    rss:
      url: http://showrss.info/user/<THE ID>.rss?magnets=true&namespaces=true&name=null&quality=null&re=null
    all_series: yes
    transmission:
      host: <the url>
      port: <the port>
      username: <my username>
      password: <my password> 
    from_transmission:
      host: <the url>
      port: <the port>
      only_complete: yes
      username: <my username>
      password: <my password>
  # sorting task called on torrent done
  sort-shows:
[...MORE STUFF...]

What is it I’m doing wrong? I assume the broken piece is the first one, “rss:” and maybe the URL, because it connects to transmission just fine.

Can you please help me? Thanks in advance.

Try running this command to get more verbose logs:
flexget --test execute

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo su -
root@raspberrypi:~# flexget --test execute
2020-06-12 08:22:18 INFO manager Test mode, creating a copy from database …
2020-06-12 08:22:18 INFO manager Test database created
2020-06-12 08:22:25 VERBOSE task_queue There are 2 tasks to execute. Shutdown will commence when they have completed.
2020-06-12 08:22:25 INFO transmission download-showrss Trying to connect to transmission…
2020-06-12 08:22:25 CRITICAL plugin download-showrss Error connecting to transmission: Forbidden
2020-06-12 08:22:25 WARNING task download-showrss Aborting task (plugin: transmission)
2020-06-12 08:22:25 VERBOSE filesystem sort-shows Starting to scan folders.
2020-06-12 08:22:25 VERBOSE filesystem sort-shows Scanning folder /. Recursion is set to True.
2020-06-12 08:22:26 WARNING details sort-shows Task didn’t produce any entries. This is likely due to a mis-configured or non-functional input.
2020-06-12 08:22:26 VERBOSE details sort-shows Summary - Accepted: 0 (Rejected: 0 Undecided: 0 Failed: 0)
2020-06-12 08:22:26 INFO kodi_library sort-shows No entries were accepted. No request is sent.
2020-06-12 08:22:26 INFO manager Removed test database
root@raspberrypi:~#

The task aborted because it could not connect to transmission. Maybe transmission isn’t running?

root@raspberrypi:~# service transmission-daemon status
● transmission-daemon.service - Transmission BitTorrent Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/transmission-daemon.service; enabled; ven
Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-06-11 16:17:07 BST; 23h ago
Main PID: 462 (transmission-da)
Tasks: 3 (limit: 2200)
Memory: 5.1M
CGroup: /system.slice/transmission-daemon.service
└─462 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --log-error

It reports to be active and Idle. The web client works too.

Check out this discussion on github - it might help resolve your flexget + transmission connection issue: https://github.com/Flexget/Flexget/issues/2126

I still haven’t managed to connect, that thread didn’t help me fix the error.

I took 1 step back, changed the user and password, tried to fiddle a bit with all the settings, and noticed some fishy stuff going on:

First of all, if I run the daemon in the foreground, the plugin reports successful connection to transmission. This wasn’t the case until I ran the following commands:

service transmission-daemon stop
pkill transmission-da

Then I followed with:

transmission-daemon -f

Then I ran flexget --test execute, and got this:

root@raspberrypi:~# flexget --test execute
2020-06-13 20:54:05 INFO manager Test mode, creating a copy from database …
2020-06-13 20:54:05 INFO manager Test database created
2020-06-13 20:54:12 VERBOSE task_queue There are 2 tasks to execute. Shutdown will commence when they have completed.
2020-06-13 20:54:13 INFO transmission download-showrss Trying to connect to transmission…
2020-06-13 20:54:13 INFO transmission download-showrss Successfully connected to transmission.
2020-06-13 20:54:13 INFO transmission download-showrss Trying to connect to transmission…
2020-06-13 20:54:13 INFO transmission download-showrss Successfully connected to transmission.
2020-06-13 20:54:13 WARNING details download-showrss Task didn’t produce any entries. This is likely due to a mis-configured or non-functional input.
2020-06-13 20:54:13 VERBOSE details download-showrss Summary - Accepted: 0 (Rejected: 0 Undecided: 0 Failed: 0)
2020-06-13 20:54:13 VERBOSE filesystem sort-shows Starting to scan folders.
2020-06-13 20:54:13 VERBOSE filesystem sort-shows Scanning folder /media/pi/WD MyPassport Hector/movies/torrent/complete. Recursion is set to True.
2020-06-13 20:54:13 WARNING details sort-shows Task didn’t produce any entries. This is likely due to a mis-configured or non-functional input.
2020-06-13 20:54:13 VERBOSE details sort-shows Summary - Accepted: 0 (Rejected: 0 Undecided: 0 Failed: 0)
2020-06-13 20:54:13 INFO kodi_library sort-shows No entries were accepted. No request is sent.
2020-06-13 20:54:14 INFO manager Removed test database

I still have the same problem connecting.

I was wondering about the settings problem, I ran a find command of all the settings.json files, and found several:

root@raspberrypi:~# find / -name settings.json
find: ‘/home/pi/thinclient_drives’: Permission denied
/home/pi/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json
/etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json
find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permission denied
/var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json
/root/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

For some reason there are several configuration files that do the same from what I can see… Maybe that’s the issue, it has 4 different config files. I made sure it’s using the proper ones. When it starts automatically on boot, the configuration file it uses is the same, as explained by the command transmission-daemon --dump-settings

Any idea what could it be?

From your configuration:

The From Transmission plugin will cause Flexget to emit entries from the items it finds in transmission. I think this is what is causing the transmission connection attempt to happen twice.

For testing, perhaps you should comment out the from transmission plugin config, and use a public RSS like the one from ETTV. Perhaps you could also use templates as demonstrated in this cookbook to set transmission as the download plugin for the template.

When I copy your template I get critical errors on top of the transmission one, it doesn’t work.

It’s the same issue with all the guides I’ve followed, most are outdated, the others throw critical errors without any explanation whatsoever.

It’s been 2 weeks since I started trying to install 2 simple services, it’s more than 3 times the time it took me to folly deploy and configure an Oracle environment on an Azure cluster.

Overall, the quality of the docs, guides, and patch notes are terrible, it’s very hard to find what you need, and not even the simplest examples are working.

If I can’t find a way to do it by today, I will try to find alternatives to flexget. I seriously can’t understand how long this is taking, when it is a very simple process.

I also started with zero knowledge of Flexget. It took me a while to get my configuration going. I think I started with this basic configuration guide in the beginning. I already had a bunch of public RSS feeds I was using before (I was migrating from uTorrent and the RSS downloads was a feature I couldn’t live without). Once I had the basic config working, that’s when I dove deeper into the other plugin documentation.

I know how frustrating it gets when you can’t seem to make something work. When I was refactoring my config to use templates, I ran into a problem that I couldn’t solve for a while. I searched the forums, git issues, etc. and found out it was how I was not using the YAML syntax properly. Once I was able to fix that problem on my own, it really gave me a sense of satisfaction.

The devs are also quite responsive when you raise a bug.

I hope you stick with Flexget. Once you get it working, you’ll realize nothing else comes close.

I agree that Flexget is much more difficult than it first appears. DOS for example is much simpler. It’s very confusing when some plugins don’t go into tasks with other plugins. For example, why can’t I use Templates in my discover task right now?

I can see where the devs have made tremendous effort at simple, effective documentation. I love the search bar and examples.

What sucks is that many questions in the forum are ignored. In addition, the error messages in the logs often don’t match the actual error or even the real line that has an error. That is why it is so hard for us to help ourselves.

We really need a GUI! I have been working on my script for weeks. That is how hard Flexget is to master.