Deluge-client version problem

Hi
I’m trying to get deluge+flexget running on my Ubuntu 18 machine and repeatedly get an error message that my deluge-client version shall be >= 1.5, but it is 1.8.x
My knowledge in Ubuntu is very minimal. . .
Need some help here. Thanks, Yoram

yoram@SIMBA:~$ pip install deluge-client
Collecting deluge-client
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/3e/50/290a6c0ea9ebb5cb93423c8c652c1b5a7e21d541bfe798881a571d6a031c/deluge_client-1.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Installing collected packages: deluge-client
Successfully installed deluge-client-1.8.0
yoram@SIMBA:~$
yoram@SIMBA:~$ sudo -H -u deluge flexget execute
[sudo] password for yoram:
2020-04-22 21:51:31 VERBOSE  task_queue                    There are 1 tasks to execute. Shutdown will commence when they have completed.
2020-04-22 21:51:31 CRITICAL task          EZRSS           deluge-client >=1.5 is required. `pip install deluge-client` to install.
2020-04-22 21:51:31 WARNING  task          EZRSS           Aborting task (plugin: deluge)

I wonder if your deluge user is using a different version of deluge-client (if any at all) than the one you installed. I note that you didn’t need to use sudo to run pip which makes me suspect that it got installed in userland. It might simplify things to set up FlexGet to run under a virtualenv.

I believe @ianstalk is correct, you installed deluge-client for your user yoram however you call flexget via the deluge user which probably doesn’t have deluge-client installed.

if your plan is to run flexget using the deluge user install deluge-client also:
pip install --user deluge deluge-client

Thanks guys for your support
Tried to install deluge-client under user deluge. As a result I get “command not found”

yoram@SIMBA:~$ yoram@SIMBA:~$ sudo -H -u deluge flexget execute
yoram@SIMBA:~$: command not found

so, I checked again my deluge versions. It seems that it’s not installed for deluge user after all:

yoram@SIMBA:~$ deluge -V
deluge 2.0.3
Python: 3.6.9
yoram@SIMBA:~$ sudo -u deluge deluge -V
[sudo] password for yoram:
sudo: deluge: command not found

and I have both python 2.x and 3.x available for user and for deluge user

yoram@SIMBA:~$ python -V
Python 2.7.17
yoram@SIMBA:~$ python3 -V
Python 3.6.9

and for the deluge user:

yoram@SIMBA:~$ sudo -u deluge python -V
Python 2.7.17
yoram@SIMBA:~$ sudo -u deluge python3 -V
Python 3.6.9

Did you try to install deluge-client for the deluge user?

Is there any reason why you want to run deluge/flexget as a different user ?