EDIT: With some more testing and searching the code I have learned that flexget seems to check if config is in use rather than checking if the process is running. I assume because I am using a different working directory with a different config that this doesn't work.
Everything works as expect if I add '-c /etc/flexget/config.yml' to manual calls.
So unless someone knows a way to change where flexget searches for configs without messing with the code this can probably be marked as solved.
I have the daemon running as a systemd service. Everything seems to be working, executing tasks as specified in the schedule.
However, when I call 'flexget daemon status' it says the daemon isn't running.
I have tried having the unit run flexget with and without -d, and with user and group as both daemon and erebfaer (making sure everything in the working directory is owned by the correct user).
I'm not sure if this is something wrong or just a result of using systemd.
Not the end of the world if this can't be fixed, just want to be able to manually execute tasks with the daemon and I can always change my setup.
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/flexget daemon start --autoreload-config
ExecStop=/usr/local/bin/flexget daemon stop
ExecReload=/usr/local/bin/flexget daemon reload