Could not parse rfc1738 URL from string

Hi, I just see this error, I don’t know what happen now, all seems like always but I get this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/bin/flexget", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flexget/__init__.py", line 44, in main
    manager.start()
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flexget/manager.py", line 372, in start
    self.initialize()
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flexget/manager.py", line 224, in initialize
    self.init_sqlalchemy()
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flexget/manager.py", line 809, in init_sqlalchemy
    connect_args={'check_same_thread': False, 'timeout': 10},
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/__init__.py", line 479, in create_engine
    return strategy.create(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/strategies.py", line 54, in create
    u = url.make_url(name_or_url)
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/url.py", line 229, in make_url
    return _parse_rfc1738_args(name_or_url)
  File "/data/Varie/virtualenvs/flexget/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/url.py", line 291, in _parse_rfc1738_args
    "Could not parse rfc1738 URL from string '%s'" % name
sqlalchemy.exc.ArgumentError: Could not parse rfc1738 URL from string ''

Any idea?

Unfortunately, I cannot help you. But I can sympathize as I am getting the exact same error message. This has started to occur since I updated flexget to a newer version recently. I believe the last version it worked for me was 3.1.71 or maybe 3.1.76. Not sure. I am currently on the most recent version, 3.1.78.

If you figure it out, I’d love to know how you did it. Thank you!

Hi, I’m not expert, maybe flexget have to work with a most recent version of sqlalchemy?
I’m searching some info about it, but for now without no luck

J

See here

Maybe just an update of flexget can solve

Hi there!

Thanks for your response. I tried using pip to upgrade my version of sqlalchemy to the latest version, which is 1.3.20. However, it is incompatible with flexget:

“flexget 3.1.78 requires sqlalchemy==1.3.11, but you’ll have sqlalchemy 1.3.20 which is incompatible.”

When I tried updating Flexget again, it reinstalled sqlalchemy version 1.3.11.

So, there must be another issue somewhere.

Thank you!

Sorry, I responded to your other post before reading this one. Hopefully an update to Flexget will resolve the issue. Thanks for the research!

Looks like the team are pushing that in to the next release pretty quickly, but in the meantime I can confirm making that change fixed it for me!

As a good guidance (and for the avoidance of doubt!) if you don’t know how to make that change yourself, don’t :slight_smile: Definitely wait for the proper release!

I just updated to version 3.1.79, but the problem persists. Maybe the fix didn’t make it into this release?

Try restarting the daemon if it was running during the update.

I have a script that runs which shuts down the daemon, runs the upgrade, then restarts the daemon. I’ll try running everything manually to make sure everything is shut down correctly and I’ll try again.

After the last update, all works like before!

Yup, my upgrade script failed me. I was still on 3.1.78, Once updated to 3.1.79, it’s working as before.