Convert_magnet GAH

trying to use showrss and was getting magnet torrent issues
so tried to use convert_magnet
now i am getting libtorrent package required
i have done EVERYTHING i can google regarding installing it
help??
sorry

I have the same issue. :frowning:

Have you tried installing libtorrent for python on your system?
Assuming python3 and a debian based system it would be as simple as:
sudo apt install python3-libtorrent

Personally I’m on macOS.

I tried installing (what I understand to be) the official libtorrent library via Homebrew: https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/libtorrent-rasterbar
That was not sufficient.

After some googling I tried running:

 pip3 search libtorrent

and got the following results:

libtorrent-test (1.2.0)         - Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar
deluge-libtorrent (1.1.13)      - Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar
python-libtorrent (1.1.0)       - Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar
libtorrent-test1 (1.2.0)        - Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar
lbry-libtorrent (1.2.4)         - Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar (lbry fork for packaging)
python-libtorrent-bin (1.2.2)   - prebuilt binaries for Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar
storjtorrent (0.1.2)            - StorjTorrent is a wrapper library for libtorrent.
vext.libtorrent (0.6.1)         - Use system Libtorrent from a virtualenv
SimpleTorrentStreaming (0.1.3)  - Simple libtorrent-based bittorrent streaming module
sstc (0.1.0)                    - Simple torrent client on top of libtorrent rasterbar
torrentstream (0.1.5)           - Quick n' dirty torrent streaming with libtorrent and python3.5

I tried installing the first six (no Idea what I’m doing tbh, just seemed like one of them might be the correct one based off of the description). The first one I was able to install, I received the following error for the rest:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement python-libtorrent (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for python-libtorrent

And this is where I became stuck as I’m not really too experienced with CLI.

This suggests you may need to explicitly tell brew to install the python bindings or you can try to follow the first answer and build it from source…